This magnificent gold coin celebrates the Year of the Horse, the seventh animal in the 12-year cycle of the Chinese zodiac.
The birth dates for people ruled by the Chinese Lunar horse include 1918, 1930, 1942, 1954, 1966, 1978, 1990, 2002 and 2014. Those born under the influence of this sign are said to be hardworking, sociable, optimistic and energetic.
- Contains 1/10 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Each coin comes in a plastic capsule.
- Obverse: The Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the 2014 year-date and monetary denomination are shown on the obverse of each coin.
- Reverse: Each coin’s reverse depicts a horse galloping amid a stylised scene of mountains and clouds. The Chinese character for “Horse” and the inscription “Year of the Horse” also appear in the design with The Perth Mint’s traditional “P” mintmark.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.