The holidays are a whirlwind of activity, and this coin’s double-image design catches all the action from a child’s point of view. First, we see a toy box, tidy and expectant on Christmas Eve, but tilt the coin and the box overflows with all the new toys that were unwrapped on Christmas morning. Young or old, this coin is pure fun.
A wonderful stocking stuffer to capture childhood memories! Order yours today!
- A 3D EFFECT: Relive the magic of Christmas morning with this lenticular coin! The two-image design creates a 3D effect as the coin is tilted from side to side, allowing the viewer to glimpse a toy box’s transformation from Christmas Eve to its overflowing state on Christmas morning.
- Flip the coin and see the toy box before and after Christmas Eve—it’s bursting with things shiny and new!
- The ninth coin in our annual series of holiday-themed lenticular coins.
- A wonderful stocking stuffer or holiday gift to place under the tree for a loved one!
About the Design:
Designed by Canadian artist Joel Kimmel, your coin recaptures the magical childhood memories that surround the holidays with a nostalgic look at an old-fashioned, wooden toy box. As the central focal point of the dynamic design, the toy area in the first image seems relatively quiet on Christmas Eve as most of the toys have been carefully put away inside the toy box and wrapped gifts holds their secret content ready to be opened at the right time! To the left of the toy box, an acoustic guitar leans against the wall beside the window while a stuffed rabbit sits on the floor in front of it, gently worn from years of being a well-loved companion; on the other side of the toy box lies a wooden rocking horse and a spinning top. Once the coin is tilted, a second image shows the remarkable transformation on Christmas morning: the toy box is now overflowing with a bounty of newly unwrapped toys! A model airplane hangs above the lid, which can no longer be closed with all of the new additions to the toy box, among all, a basketball, a teddy bear, a locomotive and a doll. On the windowsill sits a world globe for a would-be adventurer to look up new places to see, while an antique style metal toy car on the floor seems ready for any imaginary travel. A tin robot promises to add a sci-fi, futuristic twist to any storyline while in the front of the toy box lay a few colourful toy blocks. The selection is dizzying for a grateful young child, who will surely have a hard time selecting which toy to play with first; but the scene is also a reminder for grown-ups of the simpler joys to be had, and the ways in which life can bring delightful surprises.
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded maroon clamshell with a black beauty box.
- Mintage 30,000
- Composition cupronickel
- Finish specimen
- Weight (g)
- Diameter (mm) 35
- Edge plain
- Certificate serialized
- Face value 50 cents
- Artist Joel Kimmel (reverse), Susanna Blunt (obverse)