As long as there have been people on Earth, there have been explorers—pioneering individuals with one eye trained on the horizon, eager to know what lies beyond, and always ready to break a new trail towards the future. But their adventure never ends, because every destination inspires another. Exploration—that irrepressible spirit of discovery—fuels the life and passion of individuals. It drives the evolution of their community, and ultimately shapes the future of their nation.
• Explore Canada with this 10-coin series; coins are launched monthly from June 2014 to April 2015, offered individually or in a 10-coin subscription program.
• This is the fourth coin in this exciting 10-coin series showcasing Canadian exploration and history.
• Celebrate one of the most epic chapters in Canadian exploration – the arrival of Vikings in North America – a saga that continues to unfold through the continued discoveries of modern archaeology.
• A fabulous keepsake that will be cherished by anyone with a passion for Canada’s storied past, particularly those who are mystified by the Vikings of the European Dark Ages.
• Limited to 15,000 coins worldwide – a highly desirable collectible.
About the Design:
The reverse design by Canadian artist John Mantha shows an imposing Viking ship coming ashore on the rocky coast of Vinland (“the land of wine”, the name given by the Vikings to the lush, abundant land far across the Atlantic). The captain points the way as he directs his oarsmen seated behind a row of shields.
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded maroon clamshell with a custom beauty box and CoA.
|Composition||99.99% pure silver|
|Face Value||15 dollars|
|Artists||John Mantha (reverse), Susanna Blunt (obverse)|