In celebration of 2020, the Lunar Year of the Rat, the Royal Australian Mint has released two precious metal investment coins. An accessible way to invest in precious metals, these two coins honour those born in the year of the Rat, who are believed to be smart, outgoing and sensitive. The gold investment coin also features a special new security feature.
In the Chinese Lunar Calendar, 2020 is the Year of the Rat, the first sign in the Calendar. These two precious metal investment coins celebrate the clever, cautious and persuasive people born under this Zodiac sign. The 2020 $100 1oz Gold Coin and 2020 $1 Silver Coin are both manufactured to the Royal Australian Mint’s brilliant uncirculated finish. The gold coin, created entirely from ethically-produced Australian gold, is the first to bear the Mint’s new security feature with three levels of security to protect your investment.
These premium coins are magnificent acquisitions for precious metal investors, or ideal gifts for anyone celebrating the Year of the Rat.
- Each gold coin is protected by three levels of security
- An overt “glow” that is detectable under a black light (UV-A light)
- The presence of a semi-covert identifier that gives a “pass” or “fail” response on a purpose-built handheld detector; and
- Covert information on a forensic level that confirms the coin’s identity through a more sophisticated reader solution.
- 1 ounce of fine gold finished to the Royal Australian Mint’s brilliant uncirculated standard
- Coin’s obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II designed by Jody Clark
- Australian legal tender
- Limited worldwide mintage of 5,000
|Gold Content (Troy oz)||1|
|Monetary Denomination (AUD)||$ 100.00|
|Fineness (% purity)||99.99|
|Obverse Designer||J. Clark|
|Reverse Designer||B. King|
|Packaging||Coin in capsule – shrink-wrapped in towers of 10|