To celebrate the 100th anniversary of Rotary Clubs in Australia, the Royal Australian Mint is proud to announce the release of two commemorative coins:
– a 2021 $5 Silver Proof Coin
– a 2021 $1 Al/Br Colour Uncirculated Coin
These coins represent a unique opportunity for Rotarians and for those whose lives have been touched by Rotary to celebrate this incredible milestone.
Since 1921, Rotary’s footprint in Australia has expanded to over 1100 clubs nationally with more than 30,000 members. The first Australian charter was Melbourne based followed by Sydney. The Australian clubs are part of a broader movement of 1.2 million Rotarians in nearly 33,000 clubs around the world. Rotarians are dedicated to making the world a better place by promoting goodwill and peace, cultural understanding and community service.
- 99.9% fine silver coin
- Extremely low mintage of 3,000 world wide
- Coin’s obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II designed by Jody Clark
- Packaged in RAM’s new ‘Paper Pulp’ presentation case and themed outer box – RAM’s new paper pulp case, is lighter and made from Bamboo and Bagasse, meaning that this material is both durable and sustainable, helping to reduce our environmental impact for future generations
- Australian legal tender
|Silver Content (Troy oz)||1 oz|
|Monetary Denomination (AUD)||5.00|
|Fineness (% purity)||99.9|
|Obverse Designer||J. Clark|
|Reverse Designer||S. Stojanovic|
|Packaging||Coin in case with certificate of authenticity|