Bald Eagles are found across Canada, thriving on the country’s Pacific Coast in particular. Bald Eagles prefer to nest in large trees near isolated, well-stocked bodies of water. Their nests are among the largest in the world, sometimes several metres in height!
The great Bald Eagle is an amazing predator whose image has become synonymous with the notions of freedom, majesty, strength and individualism in North America – particularly for its well-known symbolic status in the United States of America. Eagles, in general, are renowned as much for their hunting skills, speed, and strength as for their striking looks and size. A large brown-feathered raptor with white-feathered head and tail, razor-sharp talons and sharp hooked beak, the Bald Eagle’s vision is four times sharper than in humans, and is key to its hunting prowess.
A perfect gift for bird lovers.
• First issue in this series of intricate 1/25 oz pure gold coins!
• Your stunning gold coin uniquely captures the majesty and strength of the Bald Eagle, a universal symbol of freedom.
• Your coin is 1/25 ounce of fine gold (99.99% pure)
• Limited to 10,000 coins worldwide.
Your coin was designed by Canadian artist Trevor Tenant and features a profile portrait of a Bald Eagle. Presenting the animal from its left side, the portrait features in striking detail the light-coloured head and dark upper wings and body of this majestic raptor. Its sharp hooked beak is open while its small, far-seeing left eye glares authoritatively at the viewer. The varied textures and tones of the eagle’s feathers are captured through expert engraving and finishing. The reverse is engraved with the word “CANADA,” the date “2013” and the face value of “50 CENTS.”
• Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded maroon clamshell case lined with flock.
• Your coin is accompanied by a serialized certificate – your proof of ownership for this coin and evidence that your coin has been individually inspected by our resident quality assurance specialists.
Model Number 124254
Composition Fine Gold (99.99% pure)
Weight (g) 1.27
Diameter (mm) 13.92
Face Value 50 Cents
Artist Trevor Tennant (Reverse), Susanna Blunt (Obverse)
There are no reviews yet.