AC/DC fans will feel like they’re on a highway to hell if they miss out on snapping up a Royal Australian Mint coin collection commemorating milestone anniversaries of six of the band’s album releases. This year marks 45 years since the iconic rock legends put out their debut album High Voltage. This copper-nickel colour print collection is designed to shoot to thrill and features a bonus limited edition coin.
Over almost five decades it’s been a long way to the top of music charts globally for Australian rock legends AC/DC. To celebrate the milestone anniversaries of six of their album releases, the Royal Australian Mint is issuing coloured coin tributes to the vinyls that have electrified generations of music fans. This collection features a bonus limited edition coin.
This year marks 45 years since AC/DC released their debut album High Voltage. The band’s second album T.N.T also clocks up its sapphire anniversary at the end of the year along with Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap in 2021.
Meanwhile, 2020 represents 40 years since the release of Back in Black and 25 years since the band released Ballbreaker. Next year it will be the ruby anniversary of the album For Those About to Rock (We Salute You).
The Royal Australian Mint paid tribute in 2018 to the 45th anniversary of the band bursting onto the music scene with a special edition AC/DC 50 cent coin and a $5 triangular coin shaped like a guitar pick.
- This collection features a limited edition coin which is NOT available for individual purchase!
- The designs are inspired by the original art from the album covers
- Each coin features colour print
- Coin’s obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II designed by Jody Clark
- Copper-nickel coins that are Australian legal tender
- Limited world wide mintage of 30,000
- Product dimensions are 8.7cm x 11.6cm x 9.5cm with a weight of 285g.
|Year Date||2020 / 2021|
|Obverse Designer||J. Clark|
|Reverse Designer||Royal Australian Mint|
|Packaging||Coins in cards in presentation box|